Christine…


Normally I don’t make more than a mental note when a rock music icon dies.  Normally.  Not today.


Christine McVie died today and I am in pain.  I loved her voice.  Most of you have never heard the Fleetwood Mac album ‘Future Games’ where she shines.  This was before Buckingham-Nicks.  And I’ll bet no one reading has ever heard Christine’s cover of the Etta James song ‘I’d Rather Be Blind’ with Chicken Shack back in the ‘60’s.  Call it up on Spotify - you won’t be disappointed.


Taking nothing away from Stevie Nicks, I always considered Christine to be the heart and soul of Fleetwood Mac.


I put on “Go Your Own Way’ and ‘Songbird’ from Rumours...  Loud.  Yeah I know she’s backup to LIndsay on ‘Go’ but it’s such a great song.


‘You Make Loving Fun’ even louder.  


You had a hell of a career,  Christine.  I’ll miss you.

Comments

  1. My favorite Etta James song. This was a great take that I had never heard before.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Taveuni tour

And back to Volivoli...

"Somebody has to do it."