Football in Fiji



Sitting in the cockpit following the Michigan-OSU game on Google.  It’s not even eight in the morning here and they’re in the third quarter.  Kinda surreal.


Some of the cruisers follow soccer (football to the rest of the world) live via some streaming service.  One guy even claimed that Prime was carrying sports now.  Ah - I’m not that interested.


Had a nuclear physicist (retired) over for pizza last night.  He worked with Seaborg, even Teller at Livermore.  He’s 78 and still cruising Fiji, how about that?  He had a stroke years back and is very hard to understand.  I’m thinking of taking the iPad with me when I visit him so he can write what he wants to say. 


End of the third quarter, MI leading.  Time for Dave to swim.


Wow.  31 - 20 now.  Michigan came to play!  Dennis must be apoplectic…


45 - 23 now with three minutes to go.  Holy wah!  Sure glad I don’t care.


OK, it’s over.  I can make breakfast now.  Congrats to the MI fans.  (I really don’t care.)










Comments

  1. I think I saw Dennis. He was wearing a red jacket! 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swim, and make your own breakfast, in one morning? Must be time for a nap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FWIW, Glenn Seaborg was born in Ishpeming and was a Nobel prize winning chemist. Kelly Johnson was also born in Ishpeming and was the Blackbird chief engineer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Taveuni tour

And back to Volivoli...

"Somebody has to do it."