Toto, I don’t think we’re in Buffalo anymore…


So I woke up to the news that Buffalo, NY had gotten over six feet of snow.  Then I looked to our neighbor boat, Fandango, rocking gently in the tropical breeze. I could see the sun reflecting off the waves through the sun shield I had clothespinned to the Bimini because the heat was so intense.  I was even wearing my Hemingway cap with the wide brim to block the glare.  And I felt an overriding sense of empathy for those folks having to deal with snow and cold.  And then the guilt started.  The immense guilt.  Epic in scope - almost Shakespearean tragedy scale.  An oppressive, dark cloud of guilt formed over my head and wouldn’t go away.


So in sympathy and brotherhood with my friends up north in da UP, I offer the following services:


  1. You can ship your snow to Fiji, c/o s/v Peregrine, Savusavu.  DHL delivers and I’m sure we can melt it faster than you can send it.
  2. You can view my video (yet to be filmed) of me singing ‘Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow’ wearing my snorkel gear.  Speedo upon special request.
  3. You can cannibalize the spare snowblower in Ellie’s garage for parts.


Speaking of cannibals, Fiji apparently had cannibals up until the late 1960s.  There is some museum in Suva that has documented one particular chief who ate two young boys every day.  (Cue music:  ‘The more you know…’)


So, in perspective, maybe snow isn’t the worst thing that could happen to Buffalo.

Comments

  1. Dave, just caught up on your blogs. I had forgotten about you for a couple weeks until Doug wondered if I could mail his drysuit to him. Then I immediately thought about you and then I remembered you weren't at home for some reason. Then I remembered your blog site. So here I am.

    Not much to report in MT. I am starting to come around with more enthusiasm to this concept of the endless summer. It has been cold with old snow for three weeks now. Our son, daughter-in-law and grandchild are living with us for a week til they move to WI. So somewhat chaotic til after Thanksgiving. Keep up the reporting (posting.) Please post a sailboat/speedo photo so we can appreciate you more. Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, post pictures of Peregrine since everyone wants to see what the sailboat looks like. ⛵️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Taveuni tour

And back to Volivoli...

"Somebody has to do it."