Jonas Grumby, take two.

 The old lady really looked beat sitting at her stall in the veggie market.  I paused, thinking maybe I could buy something.  I already had a pineapple and some bananas from my favorite vendor, but still...

Oh! She has ginger.  Fresh ginger!  Cool.  I used the paste last night.  "Is this ginger?" I asked stupidly.  "Yes, yes, fresh ginger.  You buy?  Two dollar."  Well hell, for two bucks Fiji ($1 US) I could sure use a root or two.  So she picks up the paper plate and wraps the whole thing up!  I gave her a $2 Fiji coin and she was so happy.

So what am I going to do with all this ginger?  (If you put a comma after 'this' it could be a line from Gilligan's Island.  Hence the Jonas Grumby shout out in the title.)

Gonna be handing this stuff out like party favors around the dock, methinks.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taveuni tour

And back to Volivoli...

"Somebody has to do it."