Mea Culpa

 It has been pointed out to me by someone who would be in a position to know that I am not the inventor/originator of the Friday Happy Hour tradition.  In fact, there has been a threat to protest to Blogger about false claims, etc.

In a previous post, I claimed to have started a new tradition re the sacred happy hour.  Given the context of the post, it seemed clear to me that I meant in our little group in Savusavu, Fiji.  Alas, when the corporate lawyers got done with my statement, the accusation that I had overstepped my authority became dogma,  that the origin of the Friday HH was clearly on the deck of a house in West Hancock, MI and not anywhere else and that I had no right to make claims to the contrary.  (I won't mention the precedents set out on the canal toward McLain State Park that would have, to my under-educated legal mind - a perhaps more compelling case for claiming the actual 'origin'.)

So, to correct the record in front of the entire universe (that doesn't care) I only claim to have started a HH tradition in a little anchorage in Savusavu, Fiji and no where else.  Seriously, no where else.  There must be licensing rights involved...only thing I can figure.  Can't wait for Pavlina to report on this on TV6.

Comments

  1. My sympathies on your need for a Mea Culpa, there are too many fact checkers

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a deliberate smear of your innocuous comment. I'm still suffering from a similar distortion; I never claimed to have invented the internet.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Taveuni tour

And back to Volivoli...

"Somebody has to do it."