Blowing a Hoolie (Hooley?)

 Gary came by as I was putting another bow line to the wall.  "Have you been out to the outer harbor?  It's blowing a hoolie out there."

I got the context.  Storm with strong winds.  I noticed the boat slewing more than usual and was tightening up the lines.  

Then I went inside to check the progress of Kevin.  Did I forget to mention the second storm system trailing along after Judy?  Oops.  Cat 2 now.  Gale warnings out.  And Kevin has taken a distinct left turn bringing it closer to Fiji.



All extraneous shit on the deck is stowed.  Even the big genoa sheets are in the lazarette.  

So what am I going to do?  I'm going to the bar.  I want to see a hoolie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taveuni tour

And back to Volivoli...

"Somebody has to do it."