da 'Vid

 Or is it 'David'?  Enquiring minds want to know.

So I felt like shit yesterday.  Actually it started Tuesday when I was in Lautoka; my barber actually gave me tissues with which to blow my nose.  But nothing like yesterday.  All the 'Vid symptoms in spades.  Laid around with no energy, although I managed to make it to lunch at the BoatShed.  Went through a whole roll of toilet paper blowing my nose.

So I faced the fact that I probably had Covid.  Damn airline travel.  Joe and Michelle had a couple of test kits on the boat (still good, I checked) so I took one.  You know, the 'lateral flow' type where you have to wait 15 minutes to read the result?

So...swab, swab, rinse, squeeze, drop, start stopwatch on phone..

And with absolutely perfect timing comes the banging on the stern.  "Captain, you must release your line." The boat next to me was leaving and my stern line was in the way.  So I'm bouncing between the cockpit and the cabin to check on the Covid test, because if you wait too long to read it the test is invalid.  Then the departing boat catches my line!  "Captain, you must release more!"  There ain't no more, Sparky, and I've got a Covid test baking down below.  Scuttle back and forth some more.  Eventually they get free and my line is no longer an issue.  Back down below; it's exactly 15 minutes from start of test.  Whew.

And the result?  Negative.

Still felt like shit, slept most of the day.  And all last night.  Feel much better today.  Actually looking forward to lunch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taveuni tour

And back to Volivoli...

"Somebody has to do it."