Day 2, Nadi

 Spent yesterday alternatively unpacking and sleeping.  No food on the boat, so I had lunch at the BoatShed restaurant at the marina.  Some kind of fish chunks in a white sauce with veggies and taro chips on the side.  Delicious.  $5 USD.  The beer cost $4 USD, bringing my total to a staggering...$9 USD for a great, filling lunch.  




My guitar is still not here.  DHL has it and the marina folks have promised to track it down.  Probably today.  Freezer is scheduled to arrive Thursday.

All three dozen eyeglasses that I had collected and brought out made it intact.  A tribute more to luck than my skill in packing, methinks.

It got down to 72F last night.  I see what Michelle had said about using a sheet to cover up.  I may actually have to break down and buy a sweatshirt or fleece in town for sundowners.  Oh the horror!  It's going to be 72 degrees for drinks!  We may all freeze!

Speaking of town, a trip into Lautoka is on tap today.  My digicell phone plan is not functioning properly.  I was able to get a data plan from the chandlery here at the marina, but when they tried to add voice functionality, Digicel took my money but didn't give me the minutes.  They tried everything, finally gave up and told me I needed to go into town and let the main office deal with it.  So I have a receipt and a phone with two minutes of talk time until that's resolved.  It took me a long time to figure out that the 'talk time' is for non-Digicel customers only.  I have 80 minutes of talk time if the other party is on a Digicel account.  Of course, how do you know before you call? You don't.  Hence the need to 'top off' your phone plan.  Like when I tried to call Musket Cove marina last March to reserve a mooring and the phone cut out in the middle while I was out on the water.  Digital definitely needs a 'ELIF' or 'stupid old American' cheat sheet for its customers.

Oh well, the trip into town will give me an idea of what it will take to provision the boat.

Time for the morning CruiserNet on VHF 69.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taveuni tour

And back to Volivoli...

"Somebody has to do it."