Finally!

 Stardate September 11, 2023

Finally the ####%^$$&&**@@!!! easterly trades gave us a break.  We've been stuck off Volivoli for three days listening to the winds howl.   The forecast said SE at 15-20 knots in the Bligh Water between the islands.  So off we go at first light.

Well, not quite.  Both Nick's anchor and mine were stuck fast in the mud.  (Can't fault the holding here.). Managed to shake it loose with the engine and only wasted twenty minutes or so.  

The Big Picture: (Hat tip to Eric)



Almost eleven hours of sailing.  Winds were more or less cooperative after we got out of the reefs.  
Speaking of which...

This was our path leaving Volivoli.  Right above the 'O' in Navolau Passage there is a pass between the reefs that I'm guessing is about 70 yards wide.  And it's a comma shape, meaning you have to curve your way through.  Nick was leading and actually radioed me to let me know I was heading onto the reef from his perspective.  I wasn't, but I appreciated the head's up.


And there's some serious money on this coast.  Check out the domiciles:




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taveuni tour

And back to Volivoli...

"Somebody has to do it."