It’s dawn. I’m up. I’m shirtless. It’s beautiful. Not because I’m shirtless. First impressions: Oh, yeah. I’m into this big time. Had lunch at the Planter’s Club. Chicken stir-fry. Absolutely delicious. $4 US. Had a freshly-baked chicken pot pie for supper on the boat. Delicious. Everything here is freshly made. And they seem to have everything, too. It’s not under one roof like a Walmart, but you can walk down the street and duck into little shops (most of which are immaculate) and find what you need. Beer here is cheap and good. Drinking Fiji Bitter last night. A pint is @2.5 US. Rough calculation: I can eat and drink well on $10 US/day. The one-pot meals may be shelved while we’re moored. Now the sidewalks are a little third wor...
Pics. I get requests for pics. I'm stuck in Nawi waiting for my sails, the weather is crap, but here 'ya go. The island in the background is 'freehold' land, available for sale to foreigners. Pretty nice location for a second home, methinks.
Sitting in the cockpit following the Michigan-OSU game on Google. It’s not even eight in the morning here and they’re in the third quarter. Kinda surreal. Some of the cruisers follow soccer (football to the rest of the world) live via some streaming service. One guy even claimed that Prime was carrying sports now. Ah - I’m not that interested. Had a nuclear physicist (retired) over for pizza last night. He worked with Seaborg, even Teller at Livermore. He’s 78 and still cruising Fiji, how about that? He had a stroke years back and is very hard to understand. I’m thinking of taking the iPad with me when I visit him so he can write what he wants to say. End of the third quarter, MI leading. Time for Dave to swim. Wow. 31 - 20 now. Michigan came to play! Dennis must be apoplectic… 45 - 23 now with three minutes to go. ...
Testing
ReplyDelete